Welcome to the Tasty Lunch Club! Here at Prevention Partners several staff get together each Monday to enjoy a delicious healthy lunch made by one of the Tasty Lunch Club members. Today’s menu, Farmers’ Market Delight, brought to us by Melva Fager Okun includes the items gathered from the Carrboro, NC farmers market.
Lucious meaty tomatoes: red, orange and yellow
Creamy cheeses: Swiss and Monetary
Rich, buttery avocado slices
Bread & butter pickles: Yum
Fresh field greens
Bread: local artisan made, whole grain and dark rye (the dark rye was heaven!)
This is a great way to promote nutritional wellness at work and share healthy recipes. There are several beneficial side effects such as friendship and laughter as we share our tales from the weekend.
Desserts: Grapes, tempting butter cookies covered with evil dark chocolate and nuts
I cannot wait until next week!
Weekly Wellness Tally
– 0 bike rides – crazy rainy week
– 0 – 1 hour walks
– 0 – ½ hour leisurely swims
– 1 – ½ hour walks at work
– 0 – walks to run errands at plaza across the street
– 0 – ½ hour runs (indoors)
– 0 – ½ hour runs (outdoors)
– 4 – 30 minutes of that cardo, fat burning video
– 0– ½ hour set of leg trashing = 2 sets of falling asleep on the couch. That’s 45 calories per hour, per 100 pounds of body weight. So I got that going for me, right?
– Averaging 5 or 6 / day
– Watermelons, apples and bananas
– French green beans making their way into my lunches
– Celery, celery, celery. I hate when the strings get caught between my teeth.
– 2 Chocolate: those pesky Keebler elfin’ magic cookies keep showing up at my house.
See you next week,
Pulse 2014 volunteer at Prevention Partners, Chapel Hill, NC, USA