Did You Know?
- In Canada, about 1,400 children are diagnosed with cancer each year. SickKids treats approximately 25 per cent of those children at its Garron Family Cancer Centre.
- The Centre is designed to enhance and integrate all aspects of cancer research, learning and care.
- Cancer is the most common cause of disease-related death in Canadian children beyond the newborn period.
- SickKids sees a new cancer patient almost every day, accounting for 60 per cent of all childhood cancer patients in Ontario.
- More than 80 per cent of children with cancer will survive.
- SickKids is home to the largest oncology training program in the country and has trained nearly 80 per cent of all practicing paediatric oncologists in Canada.
- Today, more than 80 per cent of children with cancer will survive.
- The Garron Family Cancer Centre is working every day to improve outcomes and quality of life for patients with cancer..
View original post 232 more words